What is Growing Middlesbrough?
Growing Middlesbrough for businesses and organisations
• Be part of a supportive network representing all food sectors
• A free listing on the Growing Middlesbrough local food website and database
• Free regular events and workshops
• Use of the ‘Growing Middlesbrough’ logo for POS materials and displays
• A quick and easy application process with self-certification
This is a free scheme but you do need to satisfy certain criteria to take part.Growing Middlesbrough Criteria
- Increase your footfall and number of customers
- Reduce your costs and increase your profits
- Sign up to be a part of Growing Middlesbrough and receive information on great networking events.
Wider benefits of buying local:
• money spent locally is worth 400% more than if spent out of area (see New Economics Foundation report)
• improves local employment
• reduces carbon miles
Growing Middlesbrough forms one part of Middlesbrough’s Food Action Plan.
This is Middlesbrough’s strategy for bringing healthy, local and affordable food to the people in the town. It is supported by a range of organisations that include Middlesbrough Environment City, Middlesbrough Council, Teesside University and Middlesbrough College and forms part of Middlesbrough’s status as a Sustainable Food City. Growing Middlesbrough is managed by the One Planet Middlesbrough: Creating Sustainable Communities project, funded by a Big Lottery grant through the Communities Living Sustainably initiative.